National Association of Plant Breeders
The National Association of Plant Breeders (NAPB), was begun as an initiative of the Plant Breeding Coordinating Committee (PBCC) which arose from a Plant Breeding Symposium in 2005. The PBCC (official committee SCC 080) is a forum for leadership, regarding issues, problems, and opportunities of long-term strategic importance to the contribution of plant breeding to national goals. The NAPB is the outreach group that represents plant breeders in federal, state, commercial and non-government organizations.
To strengthen capacities for U.S. plant breeding research, technology, education, and public awareness to meet needs for plants on which our nation and world rely -- for food, feed, fiber, fuels, environmental (stewardship), aesthetics, recreation, and (human health)
- Officers, representatives, and liaisons (full list of NAPB, PBCC and sub-committees, or see diagram)
- NAPB President - David Stelly
- NAPB Vice President - Liz Lee
- NAPB Secretary - Barry Tillman
- NAPB Past President - Rita Mumm
- NAPB By-laws and guidance
- Description of Plant Breeding Coordinating Committee (PBCC)
- Organization and activities of the National Association of Plant Breeders (NAPB) and the Plant Breeding Coordinating Committee (PBCC)
Do you want to be included in NAPB mailings? If so, send your email address to the NAPB secretary.